Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Lady who Lunches

Since I don't start my new job until Monday, I have an entire week of staycation for myself. To steal a term from my Boston bestie, Alex, I'm a "lady who lunches" for 5 lovely days. And, yes, I've had lunch plans lined up all week. I've also slept late, shopped and caught up on some reading. And it's only Wednesday! There's more fun in store, including some much needed salon time, a concert at Tanglewood (courtesy of my husband's BU hook-up) and a day trip out west to hang out with my friend Matt. 

And, of course, I'm baking. I'm trying to keep it to only 2-3 recipes a week so Jay and I don't become diabetic. At first, I think I'm going to focus on things like cookies and bars, mostly because they are easy to store and easy to give away when I fear my resistance is wearing down. I'm trying to scour the web for recipes that are easy and use mostly easy-to-find ingredients, and I've amassed a few. But if you have any you want to share, please send them along!!

In the midst of all this lunching and baking, though, I am trying to gear up for the new job. They've given me lots of reading material to get up to speed on this high school admissions game. There's a lot to learn, for sure, but I think I can handle it all. At least it's keeping be busy (and away from the cookies in the freezer)!

Hooray for staycation!

No comments:

Post a Comment